Lagna Chart and Navamsa Chart – Astrologers and Astrology’s Important tools
It’s been so long that I have written something on Astrology. I am back today after a lot of posts on elections, today I would like to explain whatever I know about the Lagna Chart and Navamsa Chart.
Both Lagna and Navamsa are equally important for one to take up an astrological exercise. If I have to tell in one sentence what each one means, Lagna Chart is drawn taking birth time as the source and Navamsa chart is drawn or rather derived from Lagna Chart.
Lagna chart thus can be equated to birth chart and the same is seen in the first picture. We can see that there are 12 boxes placed in the ends and one in the middle. Each box represents one house totalling to 12 houses. 12 houses were already discussed in the earlier posts of mine. The time of birth is taken as Lagna and that’s where the first house starts.
Navamsa here refers to the chart that’s prepared using the 27 Nakshatras. In the second pic, you can see the Circled 360* chart. That’s how each nakshatra is multiplied 4 times to make it 108 parts. So as you see in the Chart, each pada and each nakshatra is connected to one Rashi, and according to the birth time of individual the chart is drawn. Yes, this is also drawn on the basis of Birth time, but the major difference between the Lagna and Navamsa chart is the detail and depth. In Lagna, we just take the Birth Time and place it in the Lagna whereas in the Navamsa Chart we also look at the Nakshatra padas.
Usage of Lagna Charts
Lagna Chart is used for the basic behaviour of the person like his/her education, relationship, earnings, money power etc. Whereas the Moon Chart talks about marriage, the job, change in the job and all those questions which are related to one’s day to day life.
Usage of Navamsa Charts
Navamsa charts are used to find out inside secrets and for in-depth analysis of anything that a person wants to know. For example, if a person asks what kind of wife/husband will I get, we can know the answer for that using Navamsa chart. 7th house is the house of marriage and the planet in the 7th house of Navamsa chart tells the characteristic of his/her partner.
- If the Sun is located in 7th house, the partner will be egoistic and gives his her self-respect bigger importance. Height of the person will be short.
- When the Moon is located, the person will be extremely beautiful, very fair, soft-hearted and sexual.
- If Mars is in the 7th house, the partner will be short-tempered, very aggressive, loves sports, would look slim and has got proper physique.
- When Mercury is located, the partner will be Jovial and Friendly. He or she would have better writing skills and looks younger than his/her age.
- In case if it’s Jupiter in 7th house, then the person will be Highly Educated, Spiritual, Good Natured and Religious.
- When Venus is located in the 7th house, the partner will be extremely attractive and creative. He or She likes luxurious things and has multiple skills in different arts like painting, singing, music, drawing etc.
- If Saturn is located, the person will be more matured than age. Strictly follows the rules, hardworking and the age difference is higher between husband and wife.
- When Rahu is located in the 7th house, then the husband and wife will be confused. Both take different ways of thinking. Also, the person is not interested in continuous marriage life.
- Lastly, when Ketu is located in the 7th house, the person is very good with numbers. Expert in computer related things and has a bit of spirituality.
This is just the beginning. Next week I will write more on the things that one can know about marriage and other important things of life, using the Navamsa chart. See you again on Tuesday……